Tamang Heritage trail with Langtang valley trek:
The trekking area is located about 80 kilometers north of Kathmandu. Trekking along these trails is really touching virgin territory, providing a new experience for trekkers to experience the beauty of this mountain region along with the culture of local people. You trek through Tamang villages where life and culture have remained relatively untouched.Trekkers are received openly by the locals, rich in their distinct costumes and they are only too pleased to show you the architecture of their mountain houses and ancient monasteries. It offers you a wilderness experience through beautiful landscapes and alpine terrain, flat meadows and rhododendron forests.
The main inhabitants of the area are descendants from Tibet from Kerung who intermingled with the Tamang people of the Helambu area. Tamang communities are generally found at higher elevations and many of the people earn their living from cultivation and the extraction of forest products. They are mainly sheep and yak herders but grow some hardy grains and vegetables also. A lot of the trade is carried out over the Tibetan border in Kerung.They also make baskets and mats from mountain bamboo.
There are some dramatic views of Langtang Lirung (7245m.), Langtang Kerung, Chimse Danda ridge crossed by Ganjala Pass (5122m.), Dorje Lakpa (6989m.), Jugal Himal, Ganesh Himal, Paldor peak, Shringi Himal, Manaslu and the Sanjen Himal ranges.
The trail starts either from Dhunche or Syabrubesi and passes through Goljung, Gatlang, Thuman, Timure, Briddim, Lama Hotel, the Langtang valley and Kyangjin Gompa. Goljung, Gatlang and Langtang are traditional Tamang villages. The visit to beautiful local Tamang monastery and the holy Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang only adds the icing to the overall experience.
Trekking Destination : Nagthali
Minimum altitude : 1,965m
Maximum altitude : 3,300m
Grade : Moderate
Season : Spring, Summer & Autumn
Accommodation : Guest houses / Tented camp
Duration : 11 Days
Entry : Syabrubesi
Exit : Syabrubesi
Itinerary in Detail
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu.
Arrival in Kathmandu / Welcome from the airport / transfer to hotel and tour briefing.
Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
A full day sightseeing to different historical and cultural sites in the valley
Day 03 : Kathmandu – Syabrubesi (1,460 meters) to acclimatise and overnight at a guesthouse.
Today after breakfast begin the 9 hour drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi, the starting point for the 8 days 7 nights Tamang Heritage Trail
Day 04 : Syabrubesi – Goljung (1,960 meters) – Gatlang (2,240 meters) for overnight stay at a community lodge.
Today we trek for around 4 hours from Syabrubesi to Goljung (1,960 meters) a Tamang village with ancient monasteries, rest and explore the area. From Goljung, you will trek for another 3 hours to Gatlang, a large Tamang village set high on a hillside among terraced fields / overnight stay.
Day 05 : Gatlang (2,240 meters) – Tatopani (2,240 meters) for overnight stay at a community lodge.
Today the trail is around 6 hours to the village of Tatopani (literally means hot water). The village has one of the biggest and hottest natural hot springs in Nepal, good to heal aches and pains from the trek / overnight stay
Day 06 : Tatopani – Nagthali (3,300 meters) – Thuman (2,000 meters) for your overnight at a homestay.
Trek for about 6 hours to Nagthali / high open grassland with amazing views of the snow covered Himalayas and the Tibetan range / On the top of the hill there is a Buddhist monastery / continue on to Tuman with friendly people who love to sing and dance.
Day 07 : Thuman – Timure (2,240 meters) – Rasuwagadhi (2,240 meters) – return to Timure for your overnight stay at a community lodge.
Start trekking for about 7 hours to Timure / then visit the old trade route to Tibet and visit the historical fort at Rasuwagadhi that rests on the banks of the river. An old suspension bridge is the link between Nepal and Tibet. Return to Timure and an overnight stay at a community lodge. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 08 : Timure – Briddhim (2,290 meters) for your overnight at a homestay.
Trek for about 6 hours to Briddim / another Tibetan influenced Tamang village / stay with your host family who will show you the lifestyle, traditions and customs of the people. The villagers gather in the evening in their traditional costume, performing cultural songs and dances, as a gesture of welcoming guests to their home.
Day 09 : Briddhim (2,290 meters) – Syabrubesi (1,460 meters) for your overnight stay at a lodge.
Trek for about 4 hours back to Syabrubesi, the final leg of the Tamang Heritage Trail.
Day 10 : Syabrubensi – Kathmandu for your overnight at a hotel.
Return to Kathmandu around 7 hours drive / transfer hotel
Day 11 : As per the flight schedule, transfer to airport for final departure.
Our Tour Package Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
* All transportation (Land Cruiser).
* Langtang National Park Permit and all necessary permits.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* First Aid Medical Kit box.
* Tourist service charge, Vat.
* Office Service charge.
* All government tax.
Our Tour Package doesn’t include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional due to natural calamities porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver…