Trekking Around Annapurna
This is truly an extraordinary part of Nepal. The Around Annapurna Trek (also called Annapurna Circuit Trek) takes you from 830m/2,723ft to 5,416m/17,769ft and back. While on this trek you will meet ten different ethnic groups and pass through four different climate zones. Your efforts will be rewarded with the completion of this fantastic trek around the entire Annapurna massif. This magical trek reaches its zenith at 5,416m/17,769ft and traverses all the way through agricultural villages to high mountain passes that resemble mountain peaks and also to the beginning of the Tibetan Plateau.
Arrival and pick up from airport / transfer to Hotel / leisure time followed by an evening welcome dinner at a typical Nepalese Restaurant / overnight in Kathmandu (1,000m).
Day 02 : City tour of Kathmandu Valley
A full days sightseeing of the Kathmandu Valley to include all important heritage sites / overnight Kathmandu
Day 03 : Kathmandu-Besisahar: 7- 8 hour drive
An early start to Besisahar (850m) / starting point of the trek / overnight in Besisahar (830m).
Day 04 : Besisahar to Bahundanda: 6-7 hours (Trekking times only; stops not included)
first day walk involves crossing a few suspension bridges / waterfalls / several up and down hill sections / across rice paddies and subtropical forest. villages. Overnight in Bahundanda (1,310m).
Day 05 : Bahundanda to Chamje: 6 hours
Trek through amphitheatre-shaped rice terraces / along a steep vertical cliff / lush forests / culturally intriguing villages. Overnight in Chamje (1,410m).
Day 06 : Chamje-Dharapani: 5-6 hours
Enter the Manang district / past fields of corn, barley, potatoes / forests of bamboo and rhododendrons. Overnight in Dharapani (1,960m).
Day 07 : Dharapani-Chame 6-7 hours
Negotiate a few steep forested ridges along with several landslides on route / superb views of Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II, and Annapurna IV (7,525m/24,688ft). Small hot springs. Overnight in Chame (2,710m).
Day 08 : Chame-Pisang: 5-6 hours
A steep, narrow path through a very dense forest will bring you to the dramatic curved rock face, rising 1500m from the river. As the trail opens up you will be surrounded by majestic Himalayan Peaks. Overnight in Pisang (3,700m).
Day 09 : Pisang-Manang: 4-5 hours
Enter the upper Manang region / vast contrast with the landscape and vegetation / cold, dry climate creates a much harsher environment / Incredible views of the towering Himalayan Peaks. Overnight in Manang (3,500m).
Day 10 : Manang: Rest
Rest day for acclimatization / village wonderful culture / possible side trips to Bhojo Gompa or Gangapurna Lake and Glacier. overnight in Manang (3,500m)
Day 11 : Manang-Yak Kharka: 3-4 hours
Today short walk up to Yak Kharka a small settlement set at 4,110m/13,484ft / Gradual ascent needed to avoid altitude problems / overnight in Yak Karka (4,110m).
Day 12 : Yak Kharka to Throng Phedi: 3-4 hours
Trek to foot of the pass Throng Phedi small busy settlement caters to the needs of trekkers and climbers . Overnight in Throng Phedi (4,600m).
Day 13 : Thorong Phedi to Muktinath: 7-8 hours
An early start is important / long day`s trek over the pass / over Throng La pass (5,416m) / outstanding high Himalayan scenes / overnight Muktinath
Day 14 : Muktinath Kagbeni Jomosom
Easy walk down / pass Jharkot / Lunch Kagbeni interesting old place last village before Upper Mustang / Trek on to Jomosom/ overnight Jomosom
Cost: From £895 Per person for the entire trip
(The cost varies with the number of trekkers in the group. Please contact us with the number of trekkers for the exact quote)
1. Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
2. City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
3. Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
4. National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
5. Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
6. Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
7. Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
8. Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
9. Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
10. Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
11. All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
12. Airport transfers for internal flights
13. Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
14. Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
Cost does not include:
1. Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
2. Personal expenses and bar bills
3. Clients’ travel insurance
4. Tips and gratuities